Cain Leathem is one of Britain’s leading Exercise and Nutrition Consultants… having studied extensively aspects of the human body, exercise and nutrition, biomechanics, endocrinology, phlebotomy, DNA assessment, Neuro Linguistic Programming among many other related disciplines. As a Senior Associate of the Royal Society of Medicine he prides himself on furthering his education and the sharing of this knowledge.
As a highly qualified and experienced consultant he has appeared on T.V./radio, and has been featured/written in many specialist magazines/newspapers. He is also the author and course provider for his award winning NABBA affiliated Personal Trainer and Nutrition Qualifications as well as owner and director of GB Fitness. As a personal trainer and nutritionist his clients range from complete beginners desiring fat loss and health enhancement to international athletes in elite competition (details available here on www.gbfitness.com). He encourages health within the workplace and offers businesses advice on how to best maximise efficiency (and therefore profit) through the wellness and vitality of their employees. Cain offers clinical services including lab tests, including the actual taking of blood as he is a qualified phlebotomist. His expertise in this field has taken him worldwide including work in Africa, Malta, India, Germany, Turkey, Tenerife, Miami, Hollywood, Las Vegas, Estonia, Croatia, Italy, Switzerland, Finland, Cayman, Poland, Austria, Kuwait and Hungary. Cain is a member of the Professional Speaking Association and speaks on all matters of health and optimal being. Cain is also a qualified NLP Master Practitioner and utilises this skill to motivate his clients and help instil a positive mood state in all the people that he meets.
His regimes often challenge the concepts that many believe to be true, often enforced upon us by inaccuracies offered up in the media of television, newspapers and magazines.
- 1998 … ‘Central Weekend’ TV debate show – Nutritionist talking on the dangers of extreme diets
- 1999-2001 … contributor to ‘The Times’ newspaper health and fitness column
- 2002 … ‘The Weakest Link’ Body Beautiful Christmas special
- 2002 … RTL German News channel – speaking again on extreme, dangerous diet practises
- 2003 … Managing Editor/Writer of ‘Muscular Development’ body building and fitness magazine
- 2004 … Recorded seminars around the UK on the role of supplementation for athletes
- 2004 … ‘Body Spectacular’ for Discovery Health channel – physique transformation program. He was the head of the selection panel and the resident Nutritionist
- 2004 … ‘How to Sleep Better’ on BBC 1 with Professor Robert Winston. As a Personal Trainer and Nutritionist advising on exercise and healthy eating to lose fat weight
- 2004 … ‘All About Men’ on Bravo TV – advising on the dangers and use of drugs by athletes in high level sport
- 2005 … Organiser and presenter of the London Olympia Bodybuilding, Figure & Fitness Championships
- 2005 … Key speaker at the ‘Overfed and Undernourished’ conference on childhood obesity
- 2005 … Writing a regular Health and Fitness column in the ‘Birmingham News’ paper
- 2005 … Resident Nutrition and Exercise specialist writing for ‘Personal Trainers for Women’ magazine
- 2005 … Lead article and cover in the practitioners ‘Positive Health’ magazine
- 2006 … BBC Asian Network radio on the issue of ‘Male Body Dysmorphia’
- 2006 … BBC Radio 5 Live with Simon Mayo – Anabolic/Androgenic Steroids
- 2006 … Feature on Cain and his winning athletes in ‘Body Fitness’ magazine
- 2007 … BBC1 Breakfast News on the benefits of powerwalking
- 2007 … BRMB Radio interview on obesity and its health implications
- 2007 … Articles on Cain in ‘Todays Therapist’ and ‘Workout’ magazines
- 2008 … Key Speaker at Multitrax Fitness Forum for fitness professionals
- 2009 … Speaker at the Careers in Sport & Leisure Convention, Sheffield
- 2010 … Writer for BodyFit magazine on fitness and nutrition issues
- 2011 … Advisor on a television project with Sky One
- 2011 … Key Speaker at The Good Health Show
- 2012 … Sports Nutrition R & D and speaker for Nutri Ltd. Supplements
- 2013 … Writer for ‘Functional Sports Nutrition’
- 2013 … Key Speaker at the Healthy Living Expo
- 2014 … Speaker at the UK Baby & Toddler Show
- 2014 & 2015 … Speaker at the Functional Sports Nutrition Academy
- 2017 … Speaker at the National Holistic Health Show
and numerous articles published in magazines and coaching journals as well as educational projects on behalf of clients such as Race For Life, Boots and Adidas.
Cain has been actively involved in the health industry for 20 years and has held many seminars including being a key speaker at the Federation of Holistic Therapists convention and the annual conference on ‘Childhood Obesity and Malnutrition’. He is a regular speaker at business summer schools abroad and in the U.K. on the issues of Health, Fitness and Optimal-Being within the workplace for executive leadership groups including A.B.L.E. and A.C.E., as well as for individuals.
His motto is ‘don’t just do it – DO IT RIGHT!’